
Some days are better than others, and sometimes with a few steps forward, a few back do follow. Some days he is less coordinated than others and falls down *alot*, and sometimes his little brain just goes *offline*, and he seems like he is far away. I was a little apprehensive about taking him out for his first Dr's appointment here on Friday morning, as the day had started off as one of those times where his skills seem to get misplaced and he is in a little world that is all his own. I thought about rescheduling, while he is still small enough that I can carry him if needed. His lifejacket helps alot with handling when he needs extra help..making it easier to hold him up and guide him. So I said OK- we will put it on, and go. And I am so glad we did. We didn't have far to go, while after the car ride he was feeling more like his charming prince *here I am!* self. And he does ride very well.
We will be going to Androscoggin Animal Hospital here in Topsham, Maine for Franklin's medical care, which was a new and wonderful experience for us both.
Racheal is the office manager, and has alot of experience with special needs rescue. She came to our exam room to meet us, and offered to bring in a rubber mat for Franklin to stand on to have something grippy under his splaying feet. She even made a note on his chart, so that they will have a mat ready for him when we go for future visits. Thank you Racheal!


And they did the Hokey Pokey... LOL
Kim came in to say hi to Franklin, and gave him a nice little massage..
Which he very thoroughly enjoyed..Thank you Kim!
Ann was so very gentle and patient, as we tried to keep Mr. Wriggles on the scale. Sorry- no pics of that..we were a little busy. Heh. But for the record, our Baby Bubba weighed in at a hearty 33 lbs! As you can see, he has become quite a lap full already.

And he really liked whatever that *may* have been in Ann's hand. Heh. A treat..for meeee? Thank you Ann!

Franklin's new doc is Traci Patnode D.V.M. She was so absolutely wonderful with him, and he was relaxed and trusting with her as she examined him. Thank you Dr. Traci!
Check out the size of those feets! They fill my palm now. It looks like he is to be a very big boy.
Dr. Traci checked Franklins eyes, and said oh yes, they *are* reactive to light! :)

So Franklin enjoyed his intake visit and exam, and I was so very warmed and impressed with the entire experience. The first thing I noticed when we arrived, was just how impeccably clean everything was. Everyone we met was so generously helpful and outgoingly friendly. It is clear that Androscoggin Animal Hospital has a highly skilled and deeply compassionate.. fabulous! team. And they made a note of the blog address in Franklin's chart so they can follow along with us! *smile*
Franklin's medical care is being sponsored by Golden Retriever Rescue of New Mexico, enabling him to receive such quality care. They are a non profit org, and have set up a charitable donation Rescue Fund to help with Franklin's special needs. Thank you so very much GRRNM, and to all for your very generous support!
As we were leaving from his appointment, Franklin confidently trotted along like a champ on his traffic lead, and sat patiently while I talked with folks at the desk. Then he went through 2 doors without bumping and across the parking lot easily without any struggle at all, using my leg as his guide. It's not always like this LOL, while this was his best to date. I was so proud of him, and he of himself too!

1 comment:
He is a handsome boy. He has feet like a lion. I'm so glad to see he will have a caring and understanding Vet's office to go along with his wonderful new Mom. LJ
Post a Comment